Red Rum hosts Tournaments and Contests to bring together people of the community and raise awareness about various causes!
King of the Reef Rod & Spear Tournament
Red Rum Presents the 1st Annual King of the Reef Rod & Spear Tournament! 3 Divisions including Rod and Reel, SCUBA and Freedive will each compete and place for the biggest Grouper in each Division. The Largest Grouper out of ALL 3 Divisions is named King of the Reef and Grand Prize Winner of an additional $500 in Cash! Estimated $5000+ in Cash and Prizes for all divisions!
Registration Fees Per Division:
Rod & Reel
Early Registration ends: 3/30/2022 ($125)
General Registration ends: 4/31/2022 ($150)
(+ Tax & Fees)
Scroll Down to Registration at the Bottom of the Page to Sign-Up
Captain’s Meeting: Saturday April 30, 2022 — 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Location: “The Docks” Raw Bar and Restaurant in Stock Island, FL
Weigh-In: Sunday May 1, 2022 — 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Location: “Tin Roof” Keys Fresh Seafood Co. in Stock Island, FL (Lot between the Docks Raw Bar and Hogfish Grill)
$5000 in CASH & PRIZES
Download the Tournament Rules and Details for More Information
Captain’s Meeting — Saturday April 30, 2022
4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Participants will Check-In or Sign-Up to the Tournament at the Red Rum Booth Located out front of The Docks Restaurant + Raw Bar. This is indicated in Blue on the Event Map.
- Participants will Pick-Up their Participant Bag
Tournament Day — Sunday May 1, 2022
4:30 PM – 6:00 PM – Weigh-In (Scales Close at 6:00 PM)
- Participants are to line-up with their fish along the floating dock that runs parallel with the seawall. This dock leads up to the loading ramp that connects to the “Tin Roof” structure in the parking lot. This Weigh-In Line is indicated by the Yellow line on the Event Map and is also indicated by yellow tape on the dock.
- Participants are to Hand their Gutted fish to the Weigh-In Staff for weighing. Participants should confirm the weight with the staff.
- Participant will Pose for a Photo in-front of the Banner with their fish (optional)
- Participants will then Exit with their fish through the designated exit, also indicated by the yellow line on the map
- Spectators Will Stand in-front of the “Tin Roof” in the designated spectator area that is marked by Orange Markers and Yellow Caution Tape. It is indicated in Red on the Event Map
6:30 PM – 7:30 PM – Awards Ceremony
- Tournament Winners Announced in-front of the “Tin Roof” in the designated spectator area that is marked by Orange Markers and Yellow Caution Tape. It is indicated in Red on the Event Map
8:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Gathering at the Docks Restaurant & Raw Bar
Placement & Selection: All registered participants of the same division will compete against each other for position on the prize board and to place in that division (1st, 2nd 3rd). The largest black grouper by weight from each division will be selected as the winner of the division and submitted for grand prize placement in the tournament. Women who spear the largest black grouper in each division will also place.
Black Grouper Divisions
- Tournament Winner: Overall Largest Grouper in Tournament out of ALL Divisions (Weight)
- Rod & Reel Division Winner: Largest Grouper in division (Weight) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places
- SCUBA Division Winner: Largest Grouper in division (Weight) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places
- Freedive Division Winner: Largest Grouper in division (Weight) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places
- Women’s Winners: Largest Grouper in each division, Largest Over-All Woman’s Grouper (Weight) – 1st Place each division only
Pay for your entry fee below by selecting on the Division you wish to participate in. One Division ONLY per Participant.